Friday 13 July 2018

Old to New - Work In Progress





Hello...you lovely creative lot 😊 it's been a while...


Thought I would share with you a work in progress...this is a latch off a trunk that is getting a make over, its having new life breathed into it Mel style.  It's been a good while since I have touched my media products and boy I have loooved having a play...



This trunk has been painted in Annie Sloan chalk paint, I have used a custom blend of various whites and have diluted my favourite colour provence to enhance the crackle...


I have used DecoArt mixed media crackle paste to achieve this effect...the size of your crackle depends on how thick you paint it on ie smaller crackles spread thinly and larger crackles spread thickly...I love this product, it is so versatile and the effects you can create are insanely good...


...below is the before photo...



...as I said this is a work in progress so a lot more to come from me but I do hope this has whetted your creative flow to get out your crackle paste...

see you soon
X




2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're getting artsy again Mel! I love the crackle paste too, it's looking fabulous on the trunk latch. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, yes nice to be back creating again, took over an hour working out how to post again lol and even if anyone could see it...I do love a bit of crackle and the effects you can create are so pleasing to the eye...I'm hoping to complete the trunk in the next few days :) xXx

      Delete

...thank you so much for taking the time to drop by my blog...Mel :)