Sunday 5 July 2015

SUNBURST





- Live life as though everything is rigged in your favour - Rumi

...Hello everyone...

...it's been so nice to have a DecoArt play day, lots of mess & lots of fun...

...I've created an 8'' by 10'' canvas and 3 mini media boards by Tando-Creative to share with you using Andy Skinner's Sunburst Stencil/Mask and paints and mediums from the DecoArt Media Line...
...I have to say I have stepped right out of my comfort zone and loved it!...


...the fluid acrylics have an amazingly high colour pigment, that give a wonderful vibrancy and add great depth...


...the crackle paint adds thousands of teeny tiny crackles, which come to life when the paint, misters and water flows into them high-lighting their amazing formation...


...lots of circles, hand drawn along with splodges and splatters, no rules...


...tiny fissurs...


...loving this stencil/mask by Andy-Skinner...


...this canvas had been gesso'd, then crackle paint was spread randomly with a pallet knife to add texture...modeling paste was mixed with colour and spread over the stencil...


...liquid glass was added over the top of the dried modeling paste...


...paint, misters and water were layered, dried and layered again, endless possibilities, the Quinacridone Magenta is ahhhhmazing and my new fave colour! I'm a blue girl but this vibrant colour changes when mixed with water etc to become a delicious raspberry I love it...


...the light captured the liquid glass, love this stuff it's so versatile...


...I used black & white Pitt Pens to add some whimsical scribbles to define borders...


...all the pinky tones are Quinacridone Magenta in various stages of dilution, ahhhhmazing colour! I hope you find time to have some fun and see where the paint takes you, sorry these piccys are slightly blurry (think I may need an eye check lol!)...

...all paints and mediums in these photo's are by DecoArt ...

XXX










19 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Mel. Love the texture and the bright, fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colour and texture. very "arty" looking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful artwork

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artsy gorgeousness! LOVE the flowers, the words, the colors, the fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happy colors and shapes! I love the use of crackling on these. The color and the depth of the layers make these really fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work Mel, That liquid glass is amazing...the crackle, colours, design...WOW...LOVE them all...Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the vibrancy of the colours and the crackle . Lovely designs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mixed media creations are beautiful!! I am your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning use of colour, love these Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love your mixed media boards, Mel!
    Beautiful colours and textures! Absolutely brilliant!
    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colourful florals - and the crackle is beautifully subtle. Fabulous work, Mel.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, these are gorgeous! I've just started mixed-media so I'm still a beginner but I love it, you can get really creative with it!

    Love From Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mel. Looks like you had a fantastic play and I love your results! Such gorgeous textures and colour combos, really beautiful pieces. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Mel all of your pieces are gorgeous ! If you were out of your comfort zone it certinly doesn't show, fantastic ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mel. Just a quick stop by to say thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog regarding the Choose Happy art journal page. I admire your art so much. I consider it a very high compliment to get a thumbs up from you. :)

    ReplyDelete

...thank you so much for taking the time to drop by my blog...Mel :)