Friday, 6 July 2012

Pretty Little Prints part 1


...we dont see things as they are, we see things as we are...
- Anais Nin -


...hello everyone hope you've all had a smashing week, come rain or shine, well this week for me  has felt like Christmas but i'll share more of that with you in a mo...

...firstly I'd like to share with you the first part of my DT set for CraftWork Cards...the monthly Project Kit is available now priced at £15...



...all of the above is in the kit, the papers are loVely & thick, lots of embossed sheets too, wordage plus cards & envelopes & yummy candi, the kit represents excellent value & here are a few of my makes using only the products in the kit apart from where i've used distressed inks & CraftWord Cards Build a Flower stamp set, oh & a small piece of denim...







...thought I'd do a little off the shoulder number with a full billowing skirt...



...the papers are yummy don't you think, well that's the first installment I can show you the rest next week after they've been shown on the CWC blog ...

&

...when I got home from work today I had 2 packets amongst the mail (i'm beginning to look forward to arriving home!) and this was in the first...


...these were from Lynn, who saw these amazing fox buttons and thought of me...


...Lynn is one of the most loVely, kind & generous hearted lady's you'll find, apart from designing the now famous Doodly Birds Lynn is so very generous in passing on tips and techniques of others, a beautiful lady...thank you so so much Lynn your kindness has really touched me, the buttons are just so gorgeous and so unusual I cant wait to incorporate them into my work...drop in to Lynn & the Doodly Birds for a visit here: http://oneimadeearliertoday.blogspot.co.uk/ and say hello...

...also there was these little beauties...



 ...who I have Anne to thank for...a wee while back Tim Holtz was doing a new Summer Colours give away all you had to do was leave a comment, which I did...when I checked back last week there were 10 winners along with their comments, I thought never mind they'll go on my birthday wish list...then I got a message on my blog from Anne saying she'd seen my name, so I went back & checked and there I was! I'd not looked properly (maybe time for an eye test!) so I wouldn't of got these if Anne hadn't made me double check, you guys know Anne but if you don't I suggest to take a peek at her gorgeous blog here: http://bollyanne.blogspot.co.uk/ and admire the view...

...sorry that was a long ole posting today, I wish you all a wonderful weekend...
xxx


















28 comments:

  1. Lots of great makes and some lovely goodies from your blog friends! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great makes Mel, I saw these on the blog your dt ing for, cool stuff. Those buttons are brilliant, I shall look forward to seeing them in future posts. well done on the blog candy ad well. not a bad week ;)
    mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those papers truly are yummy. Great makes, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buttons are so you! Can't wait to see what you use them for.
    Your design team work is lovely...you always have such great ideas. Loved that one with the banner that looked like a picture for the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mel, no wonder you like coming home to post like that, I would too!!

    Love the buttons, very fitting!!

    Great makes with your Craftworks Card kit too, love the hello on the fabric piece.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mel, I love those papers from Craftwork Cards, trouble is I buy lots from them but then don't want to use them, just look at them! You are so right about Lynn, she is amazing and deserves to do well with her lovely shop, she is kind hearted and generous to me too. Aren't we the lucky ones? Thanks for the plug too, but it was not necessary, it was my pleasure to let you know, you are such a lovely lady...........Crafty hugs, Anne x

    PS Love your makes for CC too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just fantastic projects Mel with the kit you have made. Lovely surprise with the parcels and winning the inks! I love these colours and they are so different to work with. can't wait to see what you do with them
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the details on the dress, that is really sweet. Fox buttons, what a find from Lyn! xxxBarb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely makes and beautiful gifts. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your DT work is superb!! You have taken a pile of pretty papers and turned them into such clever and individual works of art. They are beautiful, and you have made them even more special. So glad you have also been rewarded with some fab pressies in the post. Have a great weekend, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, good thing Anne was on the look out, I didn't see your name either, might need to have my eyes checked, wait...I know they are bad already! lol Don't need to have them checked! LOVE the buttons too, how sweet of her to send them to you! I have a sign a couple of neighborhoods over that has a fox on it and I think of you everytime I drive by it! lol See, you are on everyone's mind! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been gone for over a week, what with a bonky computer and a trip out of town. However, I am back now, and love the card you made, as well as the puzzle. They are both adorable. That is really lovely paper, too.

    Of course, you are very, very lucky to have such awesome friends who are so good to you. The buttons are to die for! And congrats on winning the distress inks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful DT makes mel... so fresh and beautiful.. will need to get myself that kit methinks!! What lovely kind gifts you got in the post from Lynn and Timmie whoop, whoop... Enjoy!! Hugs may x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mel...your DT makes are absolutely stunning and well done on your parcel of inks from the Lord...have fun playing...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic creations on the DT pieces and Congratulations on winning the inks-what a good post to receive

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh Mel, a blog post chocca-block fUll of eye candy for us to feast on and generous hearts to feed your obsession ;) Beautiful creations too, I just love those colours :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow your DT work is a dream Mel.
    So so beautiful designs. I love them all.
    Congratulations for your winning.

    Have a lovely weekend sweetie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of your DT makes are stunning, [lots of time and work = great, great results] well done. Fab, fab postie day too!
    kxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi hun, In answer to your Question about my primitive heart - freestyle - { I always keep templates of the hearts that turn out well balanced.
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ps.!!! Are you on FaceBook?
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous DT creations Mel!! LOVE what you made with the pretty papers... Soooo Clever! ...ooooh what lovely buttons Lynn has sent to you... and well done on winning the inks too..What wonderful mail days you have!! :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your DT makes are gorgeous...you've really worked wonders with this kit!! They are fab...
    Congrats on your win from Lord Tim...very jealous!!! lol.
    Hope you're having a good weekend,
    Hugs, Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. The papers are lovely, but what you've done with them is even better - loving the twirly Hello tag, and the bunting/houses piece is fab. And what lovely post you get!! Thanks so much for dropping by at Words and Pictures too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mel,
    Love your DT makes, especially the gorgeous little houses - great idea. Lovely parcels in the post too - lucky girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your CC makes are so clever & creative Mel... fab post too, love those foxy buttons from lovely Lynn... congrats on your win from T!m! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful DT creations! Love the houses and that dress form is so clever with the flower bottom! Enjoy your winnings! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mel

    It was a lovely post .. .. full of lovely news and fantastic makes.

    Love the dress form you have created and the gorgeous houses.

    What a busy postie you must have!! LOL!!!

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Mel..you are so fabulous..and your posts are always filled with such inspiration...love it all..magnificent!Love that gorgeous flower and all the wonderful color palettes!! Thanks for the link..
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

...thankyou so much for taking the time to drop by my blog...I hope you like what you see...warm wishes...Mel :)